Resources for Veterans
- Veterans Program Eligibility/Benefits
- State of Connecticut Tuition Assistance for Veterans
- University of Connecticut
- Connecticut State Colleges & Universities
Resources for Job Seekers
- Career Planning & Management Resources (PDF Document)
- Job Lines & Websites (PDF document)
- Teaching in Connecticut (PDF document)
- Connecticut Department of Labor
Resources for Students with Disabilities
- U.S. Department of Education, Office of Civil Rights
- Center for Postsecondary Education and Disability
- Financial aid resources, see Websites for Students with Disabilities
A helpful guide for students, parents and job seekers
- Resources for Career Planning & Management; Discovering the job involves exploring various guides, reference books and online sources. This pamphlet provides a list of recommended sources.
- Accreditation of College Degrees; Find reliable sources to verify the accreditation status of postsecondary programs and institutions including private occupational schools, colleges and universities.
- Websites for Course Searches; Explore websites that offer a wide range of credit and non credit courses for both young and adult students. These resources include colleges, adult education offices well as online degree programs.
- Financial Aid Assistance; Access financial websites that cater to the needs of all students. This includes sites tailored to interests and community foundations offering support.
- Resources for International Students; This pamphlet contains valuable information for international students pursuing degrees in the U.S. as well as those interested in learning English or obtaining a high school equivalency degree.
- Job Opportunities & Online Platforms; Learn about major websites that can assist you in your employment search endeavors.
- Transitioning After School; Designed for middle and high school students this publication provides a variety of useful websites. It covers topics such, as college planning, college entrance exams preparation tips, study skills guidance, online college applications assistance and resources related to aid.
If you’re starting a career there are resources to help you find the right fit. These include websites that match your interests with careers as well as sites where middle and high school students can explore different career options. You can also find descriptions of careers to get a better idea of what they entail.
Here are some helpful resources;
- Parent College Prep; This checklist is designed to assist you and your college bound student throughout the college application process.
- Questions to Ask When Choosing A College; This resource provides a range of questions that students and parents might want to ask college admissions officers or consider while visiting campuses.
- Teach in Connecticut; If you’re interested in becoming a certified teacher this information will guide you on the path towards achieving your goal.
- Tuition Aid for Veterans; Veterans can find information here about tuition waivers to them.
These resources aim to support individuals in their career journeys and provide information, for making informed decisions.
Colleges, Trade Schools, Areas of Study
- CT Colleges & Universities
- Browse Majors – Degree & Non-Degree Programs
- Transfer Programs
- Postsecondary Career Schools
- Course Search Websites (PDF Document)
- CT Distance Learning Consortium
- Student Transcripts – How to Obtain Copies from Closed Schools & Colleges
- Student Complaints
Planning & Paying for College
- Paying for College (PDF document)
- Student Financial Aid – Summary of Federal & State Programs
- How to Complete the FAFSA (Video)
- Financial Aid Resources – Comprehensive list of options based on intended careers and interests and interests (PDF document)
- CT Higher Education Trust – CHET College Savings Program
Programs for Students
Jayson Peterson is an experienced pharmacist, naturopathic physician, medical examiner, and minister. After earning his Doctor of Pharmacy degree from the Medical University of South Carolina, Jayson Peterson completed clinical rotations at several prestigious healthcare institutions and has been affiliated with several pharmacy chains throughout his career. His main passion and zeal is focused on providing world-class patient care by giving precise details and thorough instructions to those who need it most.