Alpha BRAIN for Memory and Focus – Founded in 2011 by Aubrey Marcus, Onnit specialises in cognitive enhancement supplements. Combining expertise in ancient philosophy and athletics, Marcus set out to empower individuals to reach their full potential. Today, Onnit is a leading health and wellness company with more than 250 products, including supplements, natural foods, clothing and unconventional fitness equipment.
One standout product is AlphaBRAIN Memory and Focus, a dominant nootropic since its launch in 2011. This article will provide an in-depth examination of Onnit reviews, exploring its mechanism of action and assessing whether it is worth considering for personal use.
What Is Alpha BRAIN?
Onnit’s Alpha BRAIN is a carefully formulated dietary supplement made up of natural ingredients designed to improve cognitive function. It works by stimulating the production of alpha waves and neurotransmitters, thereby enhancing cognitive performance. Unlike many other nootropics on the market, the effectiveness is backed by scientific research. It has also received endorsements from renowned athletes and public figures, including Joe Rogan. To date, sales have exceeded one million bottles.
Are There Any Alpha BRAIN Reviews Or Customer Experiences?
At first glance, it appears to be a very interesting supplement. To get an accurate picture of its effects, we looked for Alpha BRAIN customer reviews. The customer reviews are very mixed. Some customers report that the capsules are very effective. Improved concentration and focus are often reported. An increase in energy and memory is also often mentioned. Fast delivery and good value for money are also mentioned.
However, there are also some critical voices. On the other hand, there are also frequent reports of a lack of effect. Some customers openly express their disappointment and describe the promotional videos as fake. Some Alpha BRAIN reviews also report side effects in the form of headaches, stomach problems and nausea.
I'm currently under a lot of stress and realise that this is having an extreme effect on my memory. It has always been the case that I sometimes enter a room and forget what I wanted to do there, but this has happened to me a little too often now. Since I started taking Alpha Brain, this has reduced significantly. I take it every day and I'm absolutely delighted with it so far.
Does Alpha BRAIN Work? – Real Facts And Test Results
It is important for us to provide reliable and authentic information about the effectiveness and tolerability of the products we introduce. Customer feedback was too mixed for us to be able to make an informed statement. That is why we conducted an extensive self-study of Alpha BRAIN, with the help of an enthusiastic volunteer.
Sarah, a 30-year-old volunteer, eagerly embraced our research initiative. She wanted to improve her cognitive function, memory and overall mental alertness without the need for rigorous brain training or drastic lifestyle changes.
Week 1: Ensuring the credibility of our self-assessment required strict adherence to the manufacturer’s recommended dosage instructions. The active ingredients claim not only to regulate cognitive function, but also to improve memory and concentration. At the start of the Alpha BRAIN test, we carefully documented Sarah’s baseline cognitive performance using standardised cognitive assessments. Her personal goal was to achieve a significant improvement in cognitive function. We embarked on this journey with great anticipation.
Week 2: Sarah did not make any significant gains in the two weeks. The cognitive tests we carried out showed no change from the results at the start of the trial. Sarah commented that she had effortlessly integrated the AlphaBrain capsules into her daily routine and that the capsules were easy to swallow.
Week 3: After 21 days, Sarah had still not noticed any change. Her memory had not improved, nor had she scored better on cognitive assessments. She also noticed no change in her mental vitality and concentration. Her Alpha BRAIN review was rather negative at this point.
Week 4: On day 30 of the self-assessment we re-evaluated Sarah’s cognitive functioning. There was still no improvement in her cognitive performance. Sarah’s AlphaBrain experience had been negative and she was disappointed. She would not buy the capsules again.
Recommended alternative to Alpha BRAIN capsules
The Alpha BRAIN capsules did not really convince us. There are some positive testimonials that confirm their effectiveness. However, there are also reports of ineffectiveness and side effects. Our test person did not notice any effect either. We would therefore like to take this opportunity to introduce Brain Pill capsules to you.
Brain Pill capsules have already proven their effectiveness in numerous studies and tests and have also convinced many of our readers.
Is Alpha BRAIN Legit?
Scientific evidence, albeit limited, supports the claims of cognitive enhancement attributed to the nootropic supplement. However, customer testimonials are mixed. There are also frequent reports of a lack of effect. The manufacturer, Onnit, offers potential customers a free trial. Interested parties only have to pay the shipping costs to receive a 15-day supply of the product at no additional cost. Onnit also offers a comprehensive 90-day refund policy.
Are There Official Test And Study Reports?
Onnit is theorised to improve cognitive performance by stimulating the production of alpha brain waves and neurotransmitters, helping users to achieve a focused state of mind. Alpha waves are predominantly produced by the brain during states of relaxation, which are commonly experienced during stress-reducing practices such as meditation. In addition to extensive anecdotal reports, there is clinical evidence to support its benefits.
In a placebo-controlled trial conducted in 2016, 63 participants between the ages of 18 and 35 were given Alpha BRAIN or a placebo over a six-week period. The results of this study showed that the supplementation led to a significant improvement in verbal recall and cognitive function, outperforming the placebo group. There was also an increase in alpha wave frequency, which may indicate a healthier brain environment.
However, it is important to note that the study was funded by the company, raising potential concerns about sponsorship bias. Conversely, a separate 2018 study of 43 US soldiers reported no discernible difference in marksmanship between the group receiving Alpha BRAIN and those receiving a placebo. In conclusion, more research is needed to conclusively prove the effectiveness.
Alpha BRAIN Effect And Health Benefits
The official website claims that the product helps to achieve a consistent state of heightened focus. They promote the supplement as offering precise concentration and improved mental clarity. The manufacturer also mentions the following Alpha BRAIN Effects:
- Focus on challenging tasks
- Improve reaction time
- Recalling names and places with ease
- Maintain clarity of thought under pressure
- According to Onnit, the full effects of Alpha BRAIN may take several weeks to manifest
Can The Onnit Nootropic Supplement Be A Learning Aid?
Yes, Alpha BRAIN can make learning easier. The active ingredients are designed to improve memory and concentration. It should be noted, however, that effectiveness can vary from person to person. Our tester, for example, did not notice any improvement.
Alpha BRAIN Dosage And Intake
The Onnit AlphaBRAIN product instructions recommend taking two capsules daily with a light meal. Onnit recommends that you seek medical advice before using the product, especially if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, have a pre-existing medical condition or are taking medication.
Alpha BRAIN is also available as a nootropic supplement in pre-measured sachets. These are to be prepared by dissolving one packet in 8 oz of cold water. It is recommended not to take more than one packet in a 24 hour period.
Potential Alpha BRAIN Side Effects And Risks
As a dietary supplement with natural ingredients, it is generally not expected to have any Alpha BRAIN side effects. However, caution should be exercised if you have an allergy or intolerance to any of the ingredients. Overdosing should also be avoided. Although the supplement is generally considered safe, some users experience some side effects, including:
- Gastrointestinal upset
Alpha BRAIN Ingredients
The Onnit Alpha BRAIN nootropic supplement contains three main proprietary blends designed to increase alpha wave production and neurotransmitter activity in the brain. Although research in this area is still evolving, some studies support its nootropic benefits.
This product is distinguished by its natural, stimulant-free, gluten-free composition and is subject to third-party safety testing. Alpha BRAIN’s formulation is designed to improve cognitive functions including focus, memory and mental processing. These ingredients work together to create a conducive environment for optimal brain performance, improving mental clarity and reducing brain fog.
Onnit is rigorously tested by the Banned Substances Control Group (BSCG) to ensure the absence of banned ingredients. A detailed examination of Alpha BRAIN’s ingredients reveals that:
Onnit Flow Blend (650mg):
- L-Tyrosine: Commonly found in brain supplements, this non-essential amino acid aids in the production of neurotransmitters. A 2015 review suggested its potential to improve cognitive performance under stress, although results may vary between individuals.
- L-theanine: In Alpha BRAIN used for its anxiety-reducing properties, L-theanine has shown promise in helping highly anxious individuals, with one study suggesting benefits from 200mg doses.
- Phosphatidylserine: This phospholipid may improve cognitive function, particularly before physical exertion.
- Oat straw extract: Derived from the unripe sativa plant, it’s believed to boost cognitive function. In particular, a study using a much higher dose than that contained in Alpha BRAIN showed improved attention in subjects with cognitive delays.
- Cat’s Claw extract (350mg): Derived from the bark of an Amazonian vine, it’s said to support cellular integrity, although current evidence of its health benefits is limited.
Onnit Focus Blend (240mg):
- Alpha-GPC: This Alpha BRAIN ingredient supports acetylcholine, a key neurotransmitter for cognitive function. Ongoing research, particularly in Alzheimer’s patients, is exploring its wider benefits.
- Bacopa Extract (100mg): An ayurvedic herb, bacopa is used for cognitive enhancement, with one study suggesting improved memory in medical students.
- Toothed club moss (Huperzia serrata, 400mg): The moss used in Alpha BRAIN can inhibit the breakdown of acetylcholine and is traditionally used in the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease, showing potential cognitive benefits in patients.
Onnit Fuel Blend (60mg):
- L-Leucine: A BCAA that plays a role in protein synthesis and muscle repair, with most research focusing on athletic performance.
- Pterostilbene: An antioxidant that Onnit Alpha BRAIN believes may protect brain and nerve cells, although research to support these benefits is still in its infancy.
- Vitamin B6 (10mg): Essential for healthy brain development and a cofactor in neurotransmitter synthesis.
This analysis highlights the need for ongoing research to fully understand and validate the cognitive benefits of Alpha BRAIN ingredients.
Where To Buy Alpha BRAIN?
Onnit AlphaBRAIN can be purchased from the official website. Additionally, the supplements can be purchased online through Amazon and various supplement retailers.
For access to a free trial or to take advantage of the money back guarantee that covers the cost of Alpha BRAIN, it is recommended that you purchase directly from their website.
At What Price Are The Capsules Offered?
The price can vary greatly depending on the supplier. However, you can usually find the cheapest price on the manufacturer’s official website. They offer 90 capsules at an Alpha BRAIN price of USD 59.96.
Our alternative product, Alpha Brain Pills, is available for as little as $69.95 from the manufacturer’s official website. This is a reduced offer as the original price is $79.95.
What are the underlying factors behind concentration problems?
Concentration problems can vary from person to person, and some people are naturally better at staying focused. It’s a demanding task for the brain, and adults tend to have better concentration than children. Occasional lapses in concentration are nothing to worry about. However, persistent, frequent concentration problems can indicate poor concentration, characterised by increased susceptibility to distraction, mind-wandering, task switching, memory problems, fatigue, reduced performance and restlessness.
For those with chronic concentration problems, Onnit Alpha Brain Memory and Focus is a potential solution designed to improve memory and concentration.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who should not take Alpha BRAIN?
It is incumbent upon each individual to consult with a qualified health professional before embarking on a regimen that includes Alpha BRAIN or similar supplements. This is particularly important for those with pre-existing medical conditions, as well as pregnant or lactating women.
Is Alpha BRAIN classified as a stimulant?
Alpha BRAIN differs from typical stimulant nootropics in that it does not contain caffeine, an ingredient commonly found in such supplements. As a result, consumers can be assured that they will not experience the post-consumption energy crash associated with stimulant-based products.
How long does Alpha BRAIN last?
It is impossible to predict the exact duration of the effects due to individual biological differences. However, the effects of taking AlphaBRAIN can last up to 2 to 3 hours.
Is Alpha BRAIN FDA approved?
Alpha BRAIN, like the majority of dietary supplements available on the market, has not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
Does Alpha BRAIN live up to its promises?
Alpha BRAIN is carefully formulated and contains mainly nootropic ingredients that have been clinically proven to improve cognitive performance and promote optimal brain function. In addition, the supplement has been tested in a placebo-controlled clinical trial, making its efficacy credible. However, it should be noted that these studies were funded by the manufacturer. There are also some critical customer testimonials reporting a lack of effect.
Alpha BRAIN Conclusion
Although the supplement did not perform as well as hoped in our review, Onnit Alpha BRAIN may still be a choice for some people looking for a nootropic option without stimulants. This is especially true if you tend to be caffeine sensitive or want to avoid the jitters associated with stimulants.
However, we would like to take this opportunity to highlight our alternative product, Brain Pills, which is coming out on top in customer reviews.
- National Center for Biotechnology Information. “The effects of IQPLUS Focus on cognitive function, mood and endocrine response before and following acute exercise.” PubMed Central, PMC3210081. Read Article
- PubMed. “Effect of tyrosine supplementation on clinical and healthy populations under stress or cognitive demands–A review.” Read Article
- National Center for Biotechnology Information. “Alzheimer’s Disease Clinical and Research Update for Health Care Practitioners.” PubMed Central, PMC3776389. Read Article
- National Center for Biotechnology Information. “A randomized, double-blind, placebo controlled, parallel group, efficacy study of alpha BRAIN® administered orally.” PubMed Central, PMC4595564. Read Article
- National Center for Biotechnology Information. “Huperzine A for Alzheimer’s Disease: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Randomized Clinical Trials.” PubMed Central, PMC3781107. Read Article
- National Center for Biotechnology Information. “Changes in the Electrical Activity of the Brain in the Alpha and Theta Bands during Prayer and Meditation.” PubMed Central, PMC7766487. Read Article
- PubMed. “Acute effects of an Avena sativa herb extract on responses to the Stroop Color-Word test.” Read Article
- National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health. “Cats Claw.” Read Article
- National Center for Biotechnology Information. “Impact of a purported nootropic supplementation on measures of mood, stress, and marksmanship performance in U.S. active duty soldiers.” PubMed Central, PMC5984413. Read Article
- ScienceDirect. “Effects of l-theanine on attention and reaction time response.” Read Article
Jayson Peterson is an experienced pharmacist, naturopathic physician, medical examiner, and minister. After earning his Doctor of Pharmacy degree from the Medical University of South Carolina, Jayson Peterson completed clinical rotations at several prestigious healthcare institutions and has been affiliated with several pharmacy chains throughout his career. His main passion and zeal is focused on providing world-class patient care by giving precise details and thorough instructions to those who need it most.