Connecticut recognizes contributions in the fields of science and technology through prestigious awards known as the State of Connecticut Medal of Science and Medal of Technology. The selection process involves collaboration with the Connecticut Academy of Science and Engineering to identify deserving individuals. Inspired by medals these Connecticut State Medals celebrate remarkable accomplishments, in science and technology. Every year the Connecticut Medal of Science is presented alongside the Medal of Technology. Honorees are proudly showcased in the Hall of Fame at Hartfords Connecticut Science Center.
Call for Nominations
2012 Medal of Technology
2013 Medal of Science
Recent Connecticut Medalists
- 2013 Medal of Science: Thomas A. Steitz
- 2012 Medal of Technology: Yaakov Bar-Shalom
- 2011 Medal of Science: Steven L. Suib
- 2010 Medal of Technology: Jonathan M. Rothberg
- 2009 Medal of Science: Robert R. Birge
- 2008 Medal of Technology: T.P. Ma
- 2007 Medal of Science: Michael P. Snyder
- 2006 Medal of Technology: Gene Banucci
- 2005 Medal of Science: William C. Stwalley
- 2004 Medal of Technology: Anthony J. DeMaria
Jayson Peterson is an experienced pharmacist, naturopathic physician, medical examiner, and minister. After earning his Doctor of Pharmacy degree from the Medical University of South Carolina, Jayson Peterson completed clinical rotations at several prestigious healthcare institutions and has been affiliated with several pharmacy chains throughout his career. His main passion and zeal is focused on providing world-class patient care by giving precise details and thorough instructions to those who need it most.