ARC is currently building a pool of applicants for teaching positions across various subjects. Some of the positions that may become available are;
Technology Instructor (Friday Evenings and Saturdays);
- Responsible for presenting general technology applications in education.
- Providing support and guidance on technology applications, in different content areas.
- Potential opportunities for consultancy at a training facility;
Methods Faculty (Friday Evenings and Saturdays)
- Secondary Mathematics
- Secondary Science (Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Earth Science, General Science)
- World Languages
- Technology Education
- Family and Consumer Sciences
- Business Education
Core Presenters (Friday Evening or Saturday)
- Reflective Journal Writing
- Introduction to Learning Theory & Effective Instructional Practices
- Common Core State Standards (CCSS) – Overview & Strategies for Lesson
- Differentiated Instruction Techniques
- Introduction to Lesson Planning
- Introduction to Assessment Methods
- Culturally Responsive Teaching Approaches
- Special Education Strategies
- Supporting English Language Learners
- Job Search Skills & Strategies for a Successful Teaching Career
- Classroom Management Techniques
- Motivating Students Who Are Reluctant Learners
- Understanding the Legal and Ethical Responsibilities of Teachers
- Online Assessment Methods & Integrative Technology
ARC Coaches and Evaluators (Fall and Spring)
- Coaches are needed to support students in completing edTPA. They should have expertise in the fields mentioned above.
- A minimum of five years of teaching experience.
- Possession of a Connecticut professional educator certificate.
- Experience with adult learners is required.
- Knowledge of teacher preparation training methods, content/instructional standards and edTPA.
- Completion of TEAM training.
- Applications will be accepted on a basis.
If you are interested in joining ARC’s staff please send an email to the ARC Office at [email protected]. Include a cover letter explaining your interest and qualifications for the position along, with your current resume. Please also provide your contact information including telephone numbers and email address. Additionally please include three letters of reference.